Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Fighter

"After all you put me through
You'd think I'd despise you
But in the end I wanna thank you
'Cause you made that much stronger...

Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter" - Christina Aguilera, Fighter

Maeve's great and wicked nemesis: The Nap.

She hates the Nap with the fire of a thousand suns.  She fights the Nap like Davy Crocket wrestled grizzly bears.  Naps are the ultimate Maeve humiliation.

She suffers them twice or three times a day, and sometimes it is too much to bear.  Some days, when Maeve wins, (i.e., I give up and stop trying to get her to fall asleep) we get to experience a victorious and extremely grouchy Maeve.

As I try to remind myself daily: sleep always wins... eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment