Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Plan

"Eeyore," said Owl, "Christopher Robin is giving a party."
"Very interesting," said Eeyore. "I suppose they will be sending me down the odd bits which got trodden on. Kind and Thoughtful. Not at all, don't mention it." - A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

So Maeve's first birthday is on its way, in three months, one week, and four days to be exact.  That means this Momma is starting to make party plans! Overzealous and silly of me?  Why yes, this is my firstborn's first-ever birthday party, you're quite right, I'm allowed to do whatever I want.  And so I shall.

Since this is probably the only party of Maeve's that I get to choose the theme for, I've been thinking of dinosaurs.  After all, we've been calling Maeve our Baby Dino since Halloween, and she does like to roar and stomp and bite things.  After this year it'll probably be all princesses and fairies and tea parties, which is fine by me, but just this year we'll break the mold.

Baby Dino Maeve

I've been shopping and getting ideas on Etsy - lookout world!  They have tons of fun stuff, although admittedly most of the dinosaur birthday party stuff is for, say, four year old boys.  But I've been looking at a park right across the street from us that should be just perfect if the weather is okay, and I have 35 guests on my mental guest list so far, including 9 kids/babies.  I know, my friends really need to get on the baby-makin' wagon.  I keep telling them.

Also, Maeve is going to have a smash pie instead of a smash cake... I'm pondering a peach pie with ginger whipped cream for us lactovores.  You can make a pie crust without dairy or egg, so it seems like a good choice for my lil' allergic dinosaur.

I can't believe she's going to be a whole year old so soon! My life is turning into a sticky, giggly blur.

Tigger has his party hat all ready to go!

3 comments:

  1. I love your dinosaur party idea! I can't wait to see what goodies you find on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I love etsy! Everything is so tempting :) What a good mama you are - planning so far in advance. Maeve's a lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies first birthday party is for the family, so you go for it!! And you're right about the princess parties. They'll be coming down the pike soon enough!

    ReplyDelete