Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So Proud

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo da Vinci

Maeve was all about trying new things yesterday, and I thought she made some real strides.  Call me a typical mom, but I was impressed.

Yesterday, Maeve tried to put on her own sock, shirt, and pants.  None of these had been attempted with any real focus before.  The best part for me was when she was putting on her sock, I called out, "You can do it!" and she looked up at me and beamed.  I think she really believed me, and redoubled her efforts.  She got close, but didn't quite get it.  Maybe today!

When we played in her wading pool yesterday, she spent a good chunk of time just sitting down, pouring water from her watering can into a cup, then back into the can.  She really got good at it!  What I was impressed with was the focus and the dexterity.

Last of all, Maeve was really working on pronouns yesterday.  I caught her several times making nearly-pretty-good-English sentences, like "I drop it" and "He so funny".  We are really on the road to understanding each other better! Although she made up a new word yesterday, and we have no idea what it means.  Anyone heard of a papawheezewheeze?

I love seeing her try new things, master skills she's been working on, and come up with all kinds of new ideas.  She is bright as a button!

Watering can and cup action

3 comments:

  1. Could papawheezewheeze mean "Daddy has asthma?" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! He did when he was a kid... it was just one of those things she started saying, so who knows where it came from? But she never calls her daddy "Papa", either, so I don't think it's related to him!

      Delete
  2. Love this post - I get frustrated with the amount of time it takes my kiddos to do things themselves - thanks for the reminder that it is really awesome :)

    ReplyDelete