Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Can You Smile?

"Children learn to smile from their parents. " -Shinichi Suzuki

Somehow, something has clicked in my daughter's mind this week.  Used to be, I'd be waving my camera around saying, "Honey, look at Mommy!  Hey, Maeve, look at me!  Hey look! Maeve!" for what seemed like hours until the child deigned to turn her face in my direction, or I ran around her in a circle trying to get a shot of her face.  Which resulted in pictures like this:
Hey! Hey! Look at me!
I refuse to participate in this photo.

But something has changed! Now if I say, "Can I see your smile, please, honey?"  This is what I get:

Awww!  She is so beautiful!  My job just got a little easier.

My parents who live overseas are coming for an 11-day visit starting this evening, so blogs may be sporadic while they're here.  Thanks for your patience, and I promise to get back to my utter predictability after the 1st.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful little girl...just like her Mama! Will miss your blogs but hope you have the BEST visit ever with your parents! :o)

    ReplyDelete