Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall Is Here

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. " -George Eliot
 
You might argue with me and say, hey, fall doesn't start for 17 more days, or hey, it's still 80 degrees outside, it can't be fall yet, but in my mind, and therefore in my home decoration, it's fall.  It's September, it's fall, end of story.  And I will add that our leaves are changing, so there.

I am in full fall mode here, with the exception of not yet wearing sweaters, because, well, it's still 80 degrees.  But the Indian corn is out, the wood pumpkin is hung on the door, and there is cider in the cupboard, waiting it out for a cooler day.

Fall is my favorite season, and it lasts about 2 weeks in this state, so I basically have to start early and elongate fall until Thanksgiving, by which time it's been snowy and freezing for about a month.  And besides, just because it isn't autumn here doesn't mean it isn't autumn somewhere.  So Maeve and I put up super-cute fall window clings and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Are you decorating for fall yet?  What are you waiting for?





1 comment:

  1. I am mainly decorating my house for fall with giant spaghetti squashes from the garden. :-) I have, however, started making fall food...pumpkin, butterscotch blondies, coffee cake, pumpkin pie oatmeal, hot tea. It's still really hot here too, but fall food is just so good!

    ReplyDelete