Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

She Said Cheese!

"We try to grab pieces of our lives as they speed past us. Photographs freeze those pieces and help us remember how we were." -Gene McSweeney

We had our annual family photos taken yesterday, and oh! the excitement, the stress, the bone-tiredness of the aftermath.  Maeve did one thing absolutely solidly, though, she said CHEESE just about every time our friend, the photographer, lifted the camera.  And a lot of the time, she even smiled!

It is a lot easier to photograph Maeve than it ever has been, because she grasps what is going on and what's expected of her.  And she likes being the subject of pictures, which is a good thing considering how often I raise a camera, myself.  The hard thing last night was getting her to look at the camera, but we did succeed pretty regularly.

By the end, of course, she was wiggly and wild and just wanted to run around the wide open spaces of Chautauqua, so we set her free, since our light was leaving anyway.  I can't wait to see the pictures, because I love seeing her through someone else's lens.  Somehow she looks different when it's not my camera, not my usual way of taking a picture.  And of course, I love seeing our whole family through another lens, too, since I'm not really capable of taking a picture of the three of us on my own.  I love how we look, because we look happy.

Just another Mom's eye view
 

1 comment: