Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Socky Loves Me

"If anyone would have been paying serious attention to my puppet shows, I would have been sent to therapy very young."  -Bob Balaban

I don't know if she's reversing her subject and object or not, but I have to say I really love it when Maeve gives a giant hug to some stuffed animal (or sock puppet) and proclaims He loves me!!  It makes her sound like a lovesick teenager, and it's adorable.

And also, I would like to announce that my daughter is taking her first foray into puppeteering, with the invention of Socky.  Socky is a purple sock of hers that she has officially put on her hand, made a mouth, and spoken with.  So I'm thinking of calling up Henson's Creature Shop in New York City and asking if they have any preschool-level internships.

We're going to decorate Socky and a puppet for me, too, today, which should be a barrel of giggles.  I'm just hoping she doesn't get all crazy and insist that I wear my version everywhere we go.  Don't get me wrong, she can bring her Socky all over the place, I just don't want to have to use mine to talk to the checker at Costco today.


No comments:

Post a Comment