Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wear Momma's Sweater

"Put on your Sunday clothes, there's lots of world out there!" - Put On Sunday Clothes, Hello Dolly

Forgive the reference, but Maeve has been watching a lot of Wall-E lately.

I don't know if there's anything much cuter than your kid putting on your clothes.  I have many pictures of Maeve trying to wear Daddy's shoes (which look like clown shoes even on me), and I wish I had one of her trying on my hat last week which was plain adorable.  But it's one of the new things she likes to do, putting on my sweaters and shirts.

She was pretty convinced that my stripy pajama shirt was, in fact, a pair of pants, because in her universe, pants are the only thing that's stripy.  She didn't understand why the 'pants' kept falling down and really wanted me to Mommy Fix It.  I just kept telling her it was a shirt, which didn't really come through until I physically put it on myself as a shirt.

I don't have any philosophical points to make about it, I just like watching her play dress up.




No comments:

Post a Comment