Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

After Bath Time

“There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.”  ― Sylvia Plath

Bath time is Daddy's job, and he's very good at it.  He's always done baths for Maeve because my knees are really shot and it's very painful for me to kneel by a tub.  And also, since he's been doing it all along, it's become a special Daddy and Maeve time, and also a special Mommy-gets-15-or-20-minutes-to-herself time. 

My job is to listen for when the bath is over, so that I can be waiting outside the bathroom door for a wet-haired, pajama-clad angel to come bursting out and give me a huge hug. 


Sometimes you don't know how sweet something can be until it becomes such a part of your life that you feel you can't live without it.  I utterly adore this face running at me, full tilt, completely happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment