Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Momma Momma Mommy!

My name, well forget about what my name used to be, but a few weeks ago it was just Mom.  Now my name has apparently changed to Momma Momma Momma Momma Mommy Mom!!!!  Maybe my personality grew.

Or maybe my daughter thought she could get my attention faster if she used my moniker more times in a row.  Or that somehow I would be persuaded to her line of thinking by sheer repetition.  But so far the phrase, I heard you the first time, sweetie, has had no dampening effect.

And along with the new, longer name, I am more in demand.  Twice this week I've had to shorten my Skype session with my parents because Maeve did NOT want to share my attention.  Even when Daddy was here to distract her and whisk her away, I still only got a few minutes in because she shrieked the whole time.  When I'm not here to put her to bed, she apparently tends to freak out and cry, when a few weeks ago it was no big deal.

So Maeve's Mommy Momma Momma Mommy Momma is getting a little worn out.  At least Daddy was kind enough to take the child to the park so I could take a nap yesterday.  Sometimes having a name this long and a job this big can be tiring.

It's still a pretty good gig.



2 comments:

  1. I think this mommy attachment is a phase...we're going through it too. I hope she let's you have some "not mommy"time soon. And you're right...it's a pretty good gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are definitely there too right now Clara! He is super attached to Mommy right now and gets upset if I don't walk from the car to somewhere with him, even if Daddy is right there too. He just sees me as his loving and safe place whereas Daddy is fun and giggles. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete