Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Back to Work

"Love seeks one thing only: the good of the one loved. It leaves all the other secondary effects to take care of themselves. Love, therefore, is its own reward." -Thomas Merton

So I had my first day at work yesterday.  Maeve and I talked about what it was going to be like, and I explained to her that sometimes if I was helping a customer, she would need to wait a minute, but that I would be right there and help her if she could be patient.  She seemed to understand, then she cocked her head to the side like a puppy and said to me, Will you take care of me, Momma?

Talk about a heartbreaker!  I picked her up and gave her a big hug and swung her all around the kitchen.  I told her of course I would take care of her, that I will always take care of her, because I'm her momma first and that's my job and I love it.

After my first day of work, I checked in with her and asked her if I did a good job taking care of her while I was working.  She nodded, so I think we're on the right track.  Let's hope she still feels that way after a few months.  I was thinking, though, what kid wouldn't want their mom to work in a store full of toys?  It sounds pretty heavenly to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment