Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

We Are Good Kids

Yesterday, Maeve and I made our own popsicles, a prospect which delighted her greatly.  I even made two flavors, apple juice and orange juice.  I mean, come on.  So as she was trying her first one, she decided she really liked it, and ate it all the way down to the bottom, then handed the handle to me, to slurp the juice from the bottom.  The crazy thing about that is, that's what I used to do when we made popsicles last summer, but I quit doing that in, like, June, because she stopped eating them.  So it's been more than a year, but she still remembered.

So I told her I was impressed that she remembered that, and told her she's a smart girl.  She put her sticky hand on my lap and looked me in the eye, and told me, You're a good kid, Mom.

And then she told me Daddy's a good boy.  And so is Riley (our neighbor's dog). 

So I guess we must be doing something right.

THIS was the age where she last had one of my homemade popsicles.  I mean, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment