Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Light Timer Worked!

"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning." - Henry David Thoreau

Maeve had been waking at 4 am.  She did it last Friday, and all weekend long, and I was beginning to lose my mind.  I was so grateful I had a get born post last Friday so I didn't have to try and write a blog with my numb brain, and all weekend I just wanted to cry.

Our neighbor told us she put a light with a timer in her son's room that would turn on when he was allowed to get up, which seemed to me to be a much cheaper option than one of those admittedly nifty clocks that light up when your kid is allowed to get up.  So we put Christmas LED lights up in Maeve's room, sort of in an arch over her door, as a nice visual cue that you may now leave the room.

On Sunday, it didn't work.  She was still up at 4, and I thought to myself, okay, this is my new life.  Up at four.  I hate everything.  But then I thought, maybe she'll get it eventually, we'll keep trying.

And today, it WORKED!  She is still in her room and I am not hearing anything.  Oh bliss!  Oh rapture!  Now I just gotta convince my brain not to wake me at four to listen for her.  Ugh.  But I'm calling it a win!


No comments:

Post a Comment