Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Getting Back to Normal

So we've been doing a lot of really fun stuff while waiting for Daddy to get home.  So far, Maeve and I have done some science experiments out of her new book, we've ordered out dinner, we've gone to the zoo and to Build a Bear for the first time, and yesterday we took a fun trip to a local thrift store and A&W for lunch, then had banana splits for dinner.

Today we're having more of a normal Tuesday, with a library trip and some time at Teenie Greenies where I work.  And Maeve and I both slept in this morning, which feels like a miracle around here, since she spent this weekend waking before six.

I was just reflecting yesterday, I hope when Daddy gets back, Maeve's not too disappointed that her life goes back to normal.  I mean, it's been pretty much nonstop fun and special things since her grandparents arrived about a month ago, what with Christmas and New Years and making the most of my parents' time here. It's been chock-a-block fun, or at least something fun happening almost every day, for quite awhile.

I know I am ready to get back to a more normal lifestyle, despite all the fun.  And besides, we've still got fun stuff lined up, just more... spread out.  And with Daddy here to enjoy it with us, things will really get back to the way they should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment