Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Wooden Eggs for Easter

Right now, it seems like holidays get more fun with every passing year. I mean, it was fun to watch her look for very-obviously-not-hidden Easter eggs when she was one and two, but this year she's really excited about Easter, and remembers what it's going to entail. Now I just have to figure out how to get the eggs hidden in time - the Easter Bunny's job is kind of hard.

So since my sweetheart is allergic to eggs, instead of dying eggs on our own after she goes to bed like we have for the last 3 years, last night we all painted wooden eggs together. It was really fun, and it occurred to me that we can do this every year, and I can keep all these special wooden eggs as a memory of her Easter artwork. Another bonus? Wooden eggs are flat on the bottom - easier to paint, easier to display! I will hide them along with the plastic eggs on Sunday morning.

Have a happy Easter, blog friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment