Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Baby Got Her Hair Cut

"Here's the thing, men have to also mature in how they see women, too. Because they need to understand that it's not just about how we look, it's about who we are. And I am going to tell you like this, 'If you can't love me with short hair, and you telling me I got to have long hair to be loved, guess what, I ain't the one for you.'" -Jada Pinkett Smith

I casually asked Maeve yesterday: Did you want to get your hair cut today? as she swiped it out of her face for the umpteenth time. She replied that she was absolutely ready to get her hair cut, and wanted it really, really short.

We looked at pictures on the computer to see what she was really looking for, and when I came across this one of Mia Farrow, Maeve exclaimed: That's it! That's perfect!


I thought, well, my kid is pretty darned cute, I bet she could pull this off. I gave her a quick lecture on how this would mean no more pigtails for awhile, but she could still do barrettes with bows, and that if it turns out she doesn't like it, haircuts aren't forever, and it'll grow back. She waved me off like the four year old teenager she is and told me she was absolutely positive it was what she wanted. So off to Cool Cuts for Kids we went.

Thankfully her stylist got the picture and didn't try to talk her out of it... maybe that's only something they do to adults? My stylists always try to talk me out of cutting my hair short, but I'm guessing they've been cried at by a lot of wishy-washy women who can't make up their minds.

Anyway, Maeve looks stunning. I'll just leave these here.





No comments:

Post a Comment