Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Insane Emotional Volcano, Hair Trigger

My only theory is that Maeve must be growing - physically or otherwise. Because she has taken a very short trip from pleasant, sweet child to insane emotional volcano with a hair trigger.

I am trying to be at once both a soft place to land when her feelings overwhelm her, and a stern voice of reason that will not allow her to hurt anyone or herself. Although I have a nice, big scratch on my neck to prove I can't 100% prevent her from hurting anyone.

Every time I feel like she's going to really be ready for preschool in a few weeks, something like this happens. We just went through a major potty training relapse that (*knock on wood*) appears to have been solved, and now it's the raging volcano syndrome. Sigh.

Honestly, it's been a hard week, and I'm looking at another one that from this side appears to be pretty challenging. I'll do my best.

This was fun last night: playing scrabble with a preliterate 4 year old.

1 comment:

  1. I hear they don't allow refunds or exchanges, so my best advice is "hang in there" and "get a babysitter-sent mini-vacation". hugs!

    ReplyDelete