Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Maeve's Advice and Doings

Maeve is, lately, in the habit of giving out advice. Not specific advice targeted to me, or anyone, specifically, but just sort of general aphorisms. She often bases them on television shows, books, or songs. Yesterday, she said to me, Mom, you know, it's good advice not to pave paradise and put up a parking lot. I mused on her words and told her I wholeheartedly agreed. But I did feel a little giggle inside.

Here it is, almost Mother's day, and I've put my usual stipulation in place, that I will not do any cooking on Sunday. But also this year I'm taking a day off my usual duties at church. So Sunday will be truly 100% restful for me! Daddy has even offered to make a new dinner tomorrow night and I can't wait to see what it will be!

Maeve has been singing a little song, lately, which she informs me will be sung by all the children at Kindergarten graduation. So, be prepared for me to bring a whole box of kleenex to her graduation in a few weeks. I am going to cry like a mother, which is to say, a lot, but with a smile on my face.

Having a snack at the park

Some of us get a little silly...

No comments:

Post a Comment