Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Crib

"I don't know how to be no crib on MTV, God only knows, got my mini-me and the GP see how it goes." - Dr. Evil, Goldmember


If you read my Sleep blog then you what a big deal this is for DH, Maeve, and I: she's sleeping in her crib!  Three nights so far, and she has slept just as well there as she did in the co-sleeper in our bed.  DH and I practically want to throw a party!

The first night, I hardly slept at all, and was on pins and needles worrying that she'd wake up a lot, or that I wouldn't hear her when she did. The second night, the cat made us miserable and kept trying to jump into the crib to get in on that warm baby action.  But last night was pure heaven, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Because the crib is in our room, I don't have space for the rocking chair I usually feed Maeve her 4 a.m. bottle in, so our feedings have been moved to the nursery.  DH and I got Maeve a super-cute Buzz Lightyear nightlight so I can see to make her bottles.  We picked Buzz because we're desperately trying to avoid the Disney Princess phenomena as long as we can.  He and I both think it's a scam by Disney to rake in the cash and spoil little girls at the same time. So we're broadening her horizons with a few male heroes to balance things out.

Anyway, we're all happy as clams here at Maeve's house.  Now, will someone please take our cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment