Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lifeboat

“Help thy brother's boat across, and Lo! Thine own has reached the shore” -Hindu proverb

 

Many days, taking care of Maeve, I feel like the sole lifeboat on the Titanic.  Every day, another iceberg, and me the only one who can save the day.  At best, it's tiring; at worst, we go down together.

 

This week we're wrecking on jetlag and teething, but to tell you the truth, it feels like there's about an iceberg a day around here.  "Normal" was so long ago that when people ask me easy questions like "When does she normally nap?" I get so stumped I have to think about it for like five minutes before I answer.  And my answer usually begins with, "Well, she used to..." because life totally changes after each new wreck.

 

I know, for a mom that just got back from a great trip, I don't sound too upbeat, right?  Lack of sleep will do that to you.  I'm just hoping that our boats reach the shore soon, together, and still seaworthy.

5 comments:

  1. "No one needs a vacation more than the person who just had one." - Source Unknown

    Hang in there, I and I believe in you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... hang in there. Things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only natural to feel this way. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all got lots better sleep last night, thanks for the kind words, all!

    ReplyDelete