Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Doctor


"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick." - 11th Doctor

Today I want to tell you something about my husband, just a little nice thing to say about him while he's gone.  He reminds me me so much of Doctor Who, in the best ways.

First of all, he's curious and always wants to learn new things.  Maybe not 100% as fearlessly as the Doctor, but it's a way of life for him.  It's why he would've made a great scientist, and why he gets along so well with my scientist Dad.  And it suits me because I'm the same way, always eager to get my teeth into a new idea or a new way of looking at things.  I could never love a man who wasn't naturally curious.
 
Amy: Please tell me you have a plan. 
The Doctor: No, I have a thing. It's like a plan, but with more greatness.

Actually, my husband is more of a plan guy than a "thing" guy, but in a pinch, I'd like to think he could come up with a thing.  And I'm glad he makes the plans, it makes me trust him.

"I don't know how I didn't realise, but possibly the most important thing in the universe is that I get you sorted out right now." - 11th Doctor

Also, he loves me, which I consider one of his finest qualities.  And I get to travel with him in this mad world, without all the unrequited love on the Doctor Who series.  And who could ask for more than that?

Me and my Doctor :)
 

1 comment: