Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blanket Statement

"This blanket is a necessity. It keeps me from cracking up. It may be regarded as a spiritual tourniquet. Without it, I'd be nothing, a ship without a rudder." - Linus Van Pelt, A Boy Named Charlie Brown

I know I have blogged about Maeve's blanket before, but there have been developments.

It has a name, for one thing.  Bashbo is Maeve's best friend, outside of the Count and her paci.  Bashbo even has a face of sorts - its tag has been offered to me for kisses, and when she shares her milk with it, the milk gets placed right under the tag.  So I think Bashbo's tag is his nose... but that's mostly inference.

Bashbo accompanies all naps and nighttime sleeps, sometimes mealtimes, and many car trips.  She will throw it up on her head and yell "Hat!" and wrap it around her shoulders like a mink stole, while doing her don't I look fancy wiggle.  Bashbo is a constant companion... and it has backup.

We found a blanket much like Bashbo on ebay, and promptly bought it in case of disaster, illness, and loss.  A good backup blanket is like an insurance policy: you hope you never need it, but you probably will.  Backup blanket goes into play when Bashbo needs a bath, which considering its frequent outdoor adventures, is fairly regularly.  Bashbo's backup is pink, but has all the important features in common, including the ever-important tag, and has been left in her crib a few nights so it smells right.

I am so glad Maeve has Bashbo, because there's nothing like something soft to comfort you when nothing else can.

Hat!

4 comments:

  1. super cute! i am curious; why Bashpo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz - I have no idea, that's what Maeve has apparently named the blanket. Your guess is as good as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You are smart! Backup is necessary. Naturally my son took the the Carter's WHITE blanket no longer in production. It is grey now, barely hanging in there, but a necessity. It's his transistion item and he can't sleep without it. I too love that there is something that offers security. I might have to write a post about his blanket and how it is slowly but surely disintegrating. Cute name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I hope one day there will be a video of her wiggle in action! (Hint, hint) :D

    ReplyDelete