Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Little Parrot Girl

"The events of childhood do not pass, but repeat themselves like seasons of the year. " -Eleanor Farjeon
 
Maeve is getting to that age where she often repeats me, and other grownups as well.  She picks up new words and phrases - especially phrases - and tries them out, and it's fun to watch.

I have heard her say I don't see it and Wait wait wait wait wait which are definitely both from me. So are okey dokey and super duper.  From Daddy she got That's so silly!  DJ Lance Rock taught her awesome and yo, and Abbey Cadabby taught her poof and magical.  I could never list all the words Sesame Street has taught her, but they are many and varied, from animal names to doctor tools to ballet terms.

It's always funny to hear my words come out of her mouth, and it makes me glad I try to choose my words carefully, as much as I can.  And I do believe that Daddy and I saying Thank you to each other all the time is what made it so natural for her.  I have a hard time getting her to thank someone for a gift, in a more formal setting, but hand that girl something she asked for and you get a Thank you almost every time. 

So be warned, friends and family! The things you say to Maeve will most definitely come back at you... or us!
Me and my shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment