Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Oh My Goodness

"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world."  -John Milton

As we walked into the Denver Museum of Nature and Science yesterday, I heard my daughter mutter softly Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness as she got an up-close and personal view of being underneath a T-rex. 

That overwhelming sense of awe captures perfectly why I take her to museums.  Every human being needs to have those moments when we remember: the world is vast, mysterious, and used to contain reptiles so big they could have stepped on me and not even noticed.

I have reasons to be stressed out today, and this week, but I am holding in my heart my little girl's awe at the dinosaur bones, and remembering the wonder all around me.  Happy Friday, friends, may you find something that gives you awe today.
Different dino, same feeling

No comments:

Post a Comment