Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Sense of Humor

"A sense of humor is the ability to understand a joke - and that the joke is oneself. " -Clifton Fadiman

Where does a kid get their weird little sense of humor?  Is it all from us, the parents, and the media we let them take in, or is it a little seed buried inside them, waiting to sprout?  I have no idea, all I know is my kid has a weird sense of humor.

She likes being tickled, she thinks tickles are inherently funny, so she tickles my face and waits for me to roar with laughter.  How do you tell a kid that some things just aren't ticklish?  At this point, I'm just faking it, I hate letting her down on a laugh.

She thinks funny sounds are hilarious, like trying to go down a slide with a wet butt (at the water park, people).  Squeeeeeky butt! Hilarious!  Every time!

And here's a gem from yesterday.  She was sticking her feet in her Fisher Price castle.  I got out the camera, she saw me hold it up, and pulled her feet out of the castle to show me her "feet smile"!  I don't know if it was supposed to be the smile on her face, or if her feet were, in fact, smiling, but here's the photo, you can judge for yourself:
Happy Friday, all, keep your feet smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment