Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Pete and Repeat

"If only I was as eloquent as Demosthenes, I would have to do no more than repeat a single word three times." -Johann G. Hamann

Maeve is now officially at the age where she repeats what we say, quite often.  Not half an hour after she woke up today, she said Easy peasy lemon squeezy, which she picked up from her Daddy.  And she has learned lots of things from her new favorite movie, Totoro, including incredible, tadpoles, and yelling WAAAIIIT!!! when she wants someone to slow down and wait for her. 

It's a fun age, because her vocabulary is expanding at the same rate as the universe right after the big bang.  Approximately.

Last Friday night she was being so squirrely, I taught her the world rambunctious, which she uses quite correctly now.  On Saturday night she ran past me and yelled Rambunctious Kiss! and smooched me a little crazily on the cheek.  So I think she gets it.

It feels like she's picking up words and concepts as quickly as we introduce them.  It's an exciting time to be a Mommy, and almost makes up for the nap skipping and petulant screaming.  Almost.

Rambunctious splashing



No comments:

Post a Comment