Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

I Takea Pitcher!

"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away."  ~Eudora Welty

So Maeve has turned into a little shutterbug in the last week.
This was yesterday at the Butterfly Pavilion, when I misunderstood, at first, what exactly she wanted.  But obviously she wants her turn with the lens, which makes sense, since Momma is taking pictures all the dang time.

It all started last week at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, when I let Maeve take a picture of her favorite part, the T-Rex head, from her own perspective.
Since then, she has photographed the stegosaurus baby at the museum, and yesterday she got her coveted shot of the cockroaches, although it turned out blurry.  I have been holding the camera and using the viewfinder myself, and just letting her push the button to take the picture, but I make sure the pictures are from her eye-level.

All that may change if we decide to get her a children's digital camera for Christmas this year.  I have researched a few and found one that appears to be affordable, durable, and of passable quality.  I just want to wait a few months and see if she's still a little shutterbug by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment