Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's My Favorite

"There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book." -Marcel Proust

Maeve has been disclosing to me where, exactly, her favorites lie.  I have learned a lot about my daughter this week, I'll tell you what, and it's kind of an adventure.

For example, her favorite color is blue, but her favorite color of licorice is red.  Her favorite song is Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen, but she did not care for the music video.  When she told me that song was her favorite, I doubted it a little, since the song that gets the most requests for a repeat in the car is Seven by They Might Be Giants.  However, after we heard the Queen song in the car yesterday, she did ask me to play it again.  So who am I to doubt?

I made spaghetti marinara with hot dogs on the side two nights ago, and when I told her what was for dinner, I heard her squeak "That's my favorite!"  She didn't exactly clean her plate, but I basked in the glow of her accolades for the rest of the meal.

Squacky is her favorite Pajanimal, Ming-Ming the Duckling is her favorite Wonderpet, and Elmo and Abby Cadabby are tied for first on Sesame Street.  I have not had reports about Yo Gabba Gabba, but would be willing to bet she loves Foofa the best.

I will let you know other favorites as I run into them, but I like being reminded that even though I spend all day, every day with my little girl, I still don't know everything about her!
At her favorite place, with her favorite dinosaur, T-Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment