Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Teething Frontier

"All endeavor calls for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours' toil." -Henry David Thoreau

I can see the finish line, we are almost there.  Those of you that have been following Maeve's teething drama since she kicked it off at 5 months will know that it has been a very painful, drawn-out experience for her.  We have had maybe two or three months of breaks from teething, and otherwise she has been at it day and night for almost 2 years now.  We have gone through innumerable teething tablets, popsicles, tubes of clove gel, and little tablets of Tylenol.  And soon it will all be over!

All my darling has left to push out of her gums are her two year molars, and the has one all the way out, and one about halfway out.  This leaves a mere 2 molars yet to come, and then I get to have a BIG party.  Not big in the sense of a lot of people coming over, but big in the sense of my relief and the size of glass that will hold my mojito.

And she deserves a reward too, the poor little duckling.  Maybe we will take her to her favorite consignment shop and let her pick out a toy.  All I know is, we are almost there, and soon we can be like those other lucky parents who watch Maeve gnawing ferociously on whatever comes to hand, who say, I can hardly remember when my kid was teething.  Although I doubt we will forget it too soon.
At least Mom makes pretty good furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment