Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Keeping Her Busy

"My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane.-Robert Frost

 The plague of having a cold, on top of cold, rainy weather means that Maeve has been forced (by me) to stay inside.  I refuse to take her places where there are lots of kids when she has a cold and a runny nose, I don't want to be the germ epicenter, so indoors is really my only option after short trips to the store.

So she and I have to get creative.  Yesterday, we played our dice game (whoever rolls the highest number wins!  With celebratory dances!), read our library books, stacked paper towel tubes, made pumpkin oat pancakes, and decorated a mini-pumpkin with some felt stick-ons.  Oh, and watched too much tv, but that's allowed when you're sick and low on energy, and besides, I still haven't gotten tired of watching the Wonderpets save the baby reindeer, and Christmas, too!

Today, though, I don't know.  It's hard to do more than a few days in a row indoors, but I guess it's good practice for winter.  But it's supposed to be rainy and in the 60's today, not good weather for a sickie.  I imagine we'll have a dinosaur parade, maybe turn the computer desk into a fort, and maybe I'll try once again to get her to drink tepid apple cider.  It does have a lot of vitamin C.

Can you tell she's sick from the picture?  I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment