Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our Luck Left

"For a change, lady luck seemed to be smiling on me. Then again, maybe the fickle wench was just lulling me into a false sense of security while she reached for a rock. " -Timothy Zahn

We had been lucky since September of last year.  No flu, no colds, no stomach viruses, nothing.  You might think it's because Maeve isn't around the toddler germ pool that much, but I take her plenty of places full of kids, and on lots of playdates.  No, I think we were just lucky for almost a whole year.

We seem to be paying for it, now.  A week and a half ago, Maeve, and then the rest of us, got a yucky cold.  We were all totally healthy for maybe three or four days, and now, Maeve has another cold.  Well, at least we still have the medicines from last time; I found a homeopathic cough remedy that works really well, and Maeve will actually take it.

I am not complaining, I know this is normal, especially for the back-to-school crowd.  The big issue with Maeve is that she will feel and act almost normal, but any amount of crying gets her nose running, which in turn causes even more hysterical crying, choking, coughing, and roiling anger when I try to get her face clean.  Sometimes wiping the nose starts the crying, starts the mucus, starts the screaming, and over and over again.  That part of it I really hate. 

The only bonus to sick kids is extra snuggling, and, with the homeopathic meds, extra good naps.  And Daddy and I are getting extra C any way we can, but we know it's only a matter of time.  Maeve and I are going to batten down the hatches and stay inside today since it's going to be cold and rainy, so hopefully we can think of some fun things to do.  Maybe we'll build a fort.
Or just knock over more stacks of toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment