Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Another Zoo Trip

So we hit up the zoo again yesterday, since it was free, and it was supposed to get pretty warm out.  It didn't end up being all that warm, so we only stayed about 45 minutes, but there was plenty of fun to be had.

I asked Maeve on the way to the zoo, what was her favorite animal?  Horsies, she told me.  I told her there weren't really any horsies at the zoo, but there were zebras, which are like cousins to horsies.  She seemed satisfied with that, and still pretty excited to go to the zoo, since we basically only go on free days, which are few and far between.  Like, I think the next one is in November.

The first thing we saw was called a Savannah Stalker, and it looked like a small leopard with huge ears.  It curled up in a bucket, which Maeve thought was hilarious:

We saw a leopard, too, climbing up the apparatus in its cage and lying up at the top, watching us.  Maeve said it was looking for snacks, and I agreed.

There were the giraffes, always a favorite, and then we popped in to the Tropical Discovery because it was nice and warm in there.  Maeve loved the bats, was mesmerized by how they flew around - behind the plexiglass, of course.  And she tore right up to the Komodo dragon (also behind glass, thank goodness) and waved hi to him.  I was never more grateful for plexiglass, ever. 

On our way back to the car, we spotted the surprise animal of the day which ended up being her favorite, the sea lions.  I always forget how truly massive they are until I see one in person, but wow, I'm tellin' ya, they're big.  Maeve loved watching them swim and spit mist from their whiskery mouths like they do.  I didn't get any really good pics of the sea lions since they move way too fast, but you can see by her face how much fun Maeve was having:



No comments:

Post a Comment