Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

One Day More

No, I didn't see Les Mis this winter, but am feeling like the barricades are up around the house and I can hear the people singing the song of angry men.  Plaintively I am thinking to myself, bring him home.

It's the home stretch, today is my last day on my own before he comes back, late tonight.  I am starting out this day already tired, but with the renewed patience and hope that comes with 8 hours of sleep.  Yesterday was, well, there's no good way to say it except exhausting.  It seems that this is the moment she is choosing to end her almost three-year relationship with naps, and it's not been an easy breakup, especially since I keep trying to talk her out of it.

So today we will take it easy on ourselves; quiet time will be offered instead of a nap, we will play our schedule by ear since we have nothing strictly planned, and we will try to lose ourselves in making cookies and a Welcome Home banner for Daddy.  And pretty soon this week will just be a memory.  There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!


No comments:

Post a Comment