Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Some New Books

I realize it's been a long time since I told you guys about what we're reading.  I thought today would be a good day to tell you what's been on the Read it again, Mommy! list at our house.

Sandra Boynton.  If you've never read Pajama Time or What's Wrong, Little Pookie? you are missing out, for sure.  Maeve loves the no-fail rhyme scheme of these books, the silly illustrations, and the oh-so-topical toddler subjects, from bedtime to birthdays.  Her favorite of them all is definitely Tickle Time.  Let's just say it's interactive.







Maeve's must-read, every single day, several times a day, is Where the Wild Things Are.  She seems to identify more and more with Max, causing mischief of one kind and another, and wishing for an escape into the wild.  It's funny to me how, during a phase where she's afraid of many things, she's never afraid of the terrible eyes, terrible teeth, terrible roars, and terrible claws of the wild things.  Maybe because Max is king of them all.  She always tells me at the end, though, Mommy, he has to go home now.


She also really loved a book I checked out by chance from the library, simply called Art, by Patrick McDonnell, author of the Mutts comic strip.   I picked it up because it looked a lot like Maeve's art, splattery and wild, and it turned out she really loved the book.  So I give it a thumbs-up and a totally worth buying if you run into it.

That's about it as far as books Maeve really loves right now.  I'll be sure to check in with a few more recommends after awhile, I know it always helps to have a few new book ideas up your sleeve when you head out to the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment