Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Triple the Food!

Ok, guys, you know how my daughter is wearing size 4T clothes and not-quite-3?  Well, I might have to do another clothes purge/buy soon, because she has, no kidding, just about tripled her food intake.

It's like having a teenager around here all of a sudden, only one that literally can't cook for herself.  She opens the fridge, trying to angle her way into more cookies and popsicles, while I desperately try to keep up with the demand for pancakes and peanut butter.  She keeps asking me What else can I have? 

She's already, by my estimate, 41 inches tall, which puts her two inches above the 100th percentile in height for a 3 year old.  I think I'm going to make her a t-shirt that says "I'm only 3" so that I stop getting dirty looks from other parents on the playground.  Yes, she sometimes still has a paci, we're working on it.  But she's not six!!!

So any tips you have on dairy/egg free snacks that work for your toddler are welcome!  I already feed her mandarin oranges, frozen drops of blueberry/banana baby food, pancakes, peanut butter toast, oatmeal, dry cereal, banana or pumpkin bread, crackers, tortilla chips, leftovers, hot dogs, and the occasional sorbet/popsicle/cookie.  But seriously!  She's fairly picky, which is not a good combination with voracious!

I love my little hungry bunny, and I'm keeping up the best I can.  But how long can she keep this up?


No comments:

Post a Comment