Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

It's a Rainy Day

It's a rainy day, it's a rainy day;
It's raining outside, so I can't go out and play,
Why do we need the rain, anyway?

If you remember your Sesame Street as well as I do, you'll remember that song.  It's a nice explanation of why the world needs rain, and it answers a kid's nagging question about not being able to play outside.  I sang it to Maeve a lot yesterday, as it was pretty rainy.

And since it's only 5:45am and it's already raining, I'm guessing we'll be spending today indoors, too.  Although I do love the opportunity to put on her raincoat and wellies, as those days can be kind of scarce in Colorado.

We'll do our rainy day things again: yesterday we made cookies, played Candyland (sort of), bounced on the bed, and test-drove some new Sesame Street dvds from the library.  Today, I'm thinking marble races, play-doh, painting, and going out to lunch with Daddy. 

Rainy days with a toddler are like snow days for an elementary schooler; it takes a lot to keep the child happy indoors, so you have to be creative.  But I try to enjoy it, we certainly need the rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment