Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Working is a Challenge

"Most of us have trouble juggling. The woman who says she doesn't is someone whom I admire but have never met." -Barbara Walters

 So, it's still pretty wonderful that I can bring Maeve to work with me, but it's becoming more of a challenge keeping her in line while I'm there.  The first few weeks, she just played nicely with the toys and stayed out of the way, for the most part.  But last week and this week, she's gotten into trying on shoes, which for some reason causes her to rip the tags off of them and leave them in a huge pile.

This is not working for me, I end up spending too much time trying to keep track of whether or not she's playing with shoes and whether or not she's ripping of tags, and not enough time doing the things I'm meant to be doing.  I would like to enforce a no-shoe rule, but it's a little hard with shoes at 5 different locations in the store. 

The other problem is, it's hard for me to discipline her at the store.  I can make her do time-out in the bathroom, but the fan that runs when the light is on kind of freaks her out.  I have to think of some other work-friendly consequence, like maybe have her sit on the couch?  It's just tricky.

I'll be glad this fall when the little stinker starts preschool and I can do my awesome job without trying to keep my kid from breaking toys and taking off tags.




1 comment: