Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ready to Go Places

 “You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!” ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

I am cautiously optimistic that we can start taking Maeve places now.  This is the real nailbiter of potty training because it's a LOT more embarrassing to mop up your kid's pee from a public place than it is on your back deck.  But I think she's ready, and I'll have backup undies, shorts, and rags in my purse.  Oh, I'm gonna need a bigger purse.

Two days in a row, she has only had one accident, and both times it was on her way to the potty.  She has done amazingly well listening to her body, and even stayed dry during naptime yesterday, and she took a three hour nap.

So today we may try out an ARC trip, since both Daddy and I have some thrifting to do.  I have high hopes that she will stay dry in the car, since it's a fifteen minute drive, and even higher hopes that we can make our trip successfully and not even need that second pair of underwear.  Somebody pinch me, are diapers finally, really behind us forever?


No comments:

Post a Comment