Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Things are Nerding Up

"I've done a lot of geeky things in my life, but I think the geekiest of all was my first effort to build props and cosplay, when I was about twelve years old." -Wil Wheaton

Things are distinctly nerding up around here, what with Denver Comic Con being just two days away, and Husband and I already bought tickets.  I even bought Maeve a Star Wars shirt, even though she's not coming, just to get into the spirit of the thing.

Yeah, my kid, giant room full of strangers dressed as monsters and Klingons, no thanks.  Plus potty training in a giant convention hall. Nope.

Husband is busy working on his costume, which is a full set of armor made of latex type stuff from the Mass Effect universe, which is a video game, by the way, and one I enjoyed watching him play because it is like a giant Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story, very well crafted, and your choices change the outcome.  So he will be walking around all decked out in armor.

Me, you ask?  I will be wearing the uniform of the nerdy yet undedicated wife who doesn't have time or energy (or $$) to put together a serious costume.  I have a Tardis shirt, a cute skirt, and knee-high Tardis socks, plus sensible walking shoes.  After all, I will be standing in line for quite some time to get Wil Wheaton (squee!) to autograph a book for me.  Everything else at this Con pales in comparison, for me.  Chewbacca will be there, and George Takei, who is super cool, but Wil is my main motivation for going, for sure.

This is my first Con, and I don't know what to expect, except a big convention hall full of geeks waiting around in costumes, and a lot of money changing hands.  But I will make sure we get some pictures and I will post them!
We've been geeking the child out for some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment