Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Timey-Wimey Wobbly Stuff

The Tenth Doctor is right about this one, time is not at all a straightforward sequence of events.  Here's how I know: my daughter uses our clock to tell both time and temperature, and she uses it to calculate months as well as minutes.

I'm not saying she's right, but since I have a pretty Whovian mindset, I go along with it, because kids are usually right about these things, at least on the show.

She'll tell us When the little hand points to the six, it's Christmas, and Grandma and Grandpa will be here, and I'll get chocolate out of the calendar!  When the big hand is on the four, it's warm enough for us to go outside.  Momma, when the big hand is on the three, it's time to play!

She does the same with the thermometer outside, it tells her all kinds of inside information. 

I know that as she grows, she'll have a more linear sense of time, but I kind of like it how it is now.  She's closer to reality than we are, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment