Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's Family Art Night

"There are some people who have trouble recognizing a mess." -Bill Cosby 

The trouble with being me and having a preschooler is I hate getting my hands messy, like really despise it.  But all the cute toddler/preschooler art in the world involves some degree of major hand messiness, if not table, floor, hair, full-body messiness.  Most of the time, I just don't do that much art with Maeve, but yesterday, I felt I had to.

She just started doing chore magnets, just simple praise and rewarding good, helpful behavior, good family citizen sort of stuff.  And if she gets all her smiley faces in a week, she gets to pick a reward from a jar, and we came up with these rewards.  They are, for the most part, family activities that she loves, and the first one she picked was family art night.

After a bit of Pinterest sleuthing, I came up with these neato handprint trees.  Which then required me to grit my teeth and paint my hand and arm.  But it was totally worth the discomfort, and no clothing or furniture was ruined in the process.  I'm gonna call that a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment