Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Be a Little Brave

So this conversation happened yesterday:

Me: How do you feel about trying out preschool, Maeve?
Maeve: A little scared, and excited.
Me: What do you do when you feel a little scared?
Maeve: I be a little brave.
Me: Me, too.

She did just fine being dropped off - we were just planning to visit, but she really wanted to play, and I figured there was no time like the present, so we did a half-hour trial run.  Apparently she cried just after I left, but then got right back to playing.  And she didn't want to leave when I returned, despite being happy to see me, so that's generally considered to be a good sign.

How did I do?  Well, I cried a little, too, but not until after I left, and only a little.  So we were both a little brave yesterday.  It'll be a different kettle of fish next week when we try it for 3 hours, but I know she'll have a lot of fun.

Big girl, getting bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment