Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Best Friends and High Hopes

“Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will themselves not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work” Daniel H. Burnham

"K is my beeeeest friend."

"When we get to K's house, I'm gonna kiss his cheek and he's gonna like it!"

"I'm gonna play Sisters with K, and we will have the same feet!" (thanks Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings).

"I am gonna run so fast at K's house and he'll see how fast I can run."

(And on the way to K's house in the car, listening to some old school Ricky Martin:) "Is this K's Mommy or K's Daddy?"
"Ummm, neither."

Expectations were running high, especially since we'd had to put off seeing the beloved K for about a week because I caught the seasonal yuck and didn't want to share.  She was absolutely dying to see him.  And I don't think she was the least bit disappointed, as she and K ran from room to room, playing and giggling and getting all silly.


It's good to know that some things in life don't disappoint.  Although she forgot to kiss his cheek, I think, and they didn't play Sisters, either.  They just played and played.

No comments:

Post a Comment