Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bunny Ears and Family

 “Hallo, Rabbit,” he said, “is that you?”
"Let’s pretend it isn’t,” said Rabbit, “and see what happens.” ― A.A. Milne

The newest game at our house could be entitled: Bunny Family.  Maeve is a baby bunny, I am the Momma bunny, and Daddy, when present, serves as Daddy bunny.  We all live in a "hole", which is to say, under the covers on our bed, and we eat carrots, carrot cake, and "bunny snacks". 

I made the mistake of saying we had to stay in our hole to stay safe from foxes.  Maeve threw me a "what the heck are you talking about" look, and informed me that foxes don't eat bunnies, they eat inchworms.  Which turn into butterflies.  Duh.

I didn't try to set her straight about the foxes, but we did have a conversation about the difference between inchworms and caterpillars, because I'm kind of a details person when it comes to insects.  Comes from having an entomologist dad.

Why are we playing Bunny Family all of a sudden?  We got Maeve a pair of bunny ears on a headband from the ARC last week.  Which she doesn't really want to wear, because she has imaginary bunny ears, but she wants Daddy or I to wear them.  Like so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment