Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Maevie and the Oobleck

Yesterday, at Grover's insistent bidding, Maeve and I did some science.  We learned a lesson about baking soda and vinegar: you need a lot of it if you want it to travel all the way out of a tall vase.  We also played with that famously non-Newtonian liquid: Oobleck.

Oobleck is weird, it's a liquid that reacts like a solid when pressure is applied to it.  We couldn't make it dance on a subwoofer like Grover and his cronies did, but I let Maeve squish and squash in it for awhile.  And I love that the goop is named for Dr. Seuss' famous glop from his book Bartholomew and the Oobleck.  I will leave a recipe for it here in case anyone feels like getting messy with their kiddos today.

Also, a note about cleanup.  Oobleck clogs drains, so dump it in the trash.  I did not find this out the hard way, but someone must have.

So here's some fun for your Friday, enjoy Grover's shenanigans, and then you can watch my daughter get super messy.


No comments:

Post a Comment