Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Naps at an Impasse

VIZZINI: So, it is down to you. And it is down to me.
(The MAN IN BLACK nods and comes nearer.)
         VIZZINI: If you wish her dead, by all means keep moving forward.
         MAN IN BLACK: Let me explain...
VIZZINI: There's nothing to explain. You're trying to kidnap what I've rightfully stolen.
 
           MAN IN BLACK: Perhaps an arrangement can be reached.
VIZZINI: There will be no arrangement and you're killing her!
          MAN IN BLACK: But if there can be no arrangement, then we are at an impasse. 
                                                                                                                    -The Princess Bride
 
So I'm sure I've got this whole battle of wits running through your mind now. (Iocaine powder, anyone?) But it was the first thing that came to my mind while considering the situation between myself and my child on the subject of naps.

I try not to blog about the nap/sleep situation too often, for I often jinx myself, as naps are an unchancy thing and often respond to being spoken about by completely changing tactics.  But I *think* we are into a pattern now, and hopefully it will not be dislodged by discussion.

So, I think naps are basically over.  I only try to make her take a nap if she stayed up late or woke up too early.  This means that on a good night, she goes to bed by 7:30 and is awake generally around 6:30 am, with no nap.  It's not a perfect situation, but most days it keeps her from rising before 5, which we were having a problem with before.  She also isn't awakening much in the night anymore, either, as far as we can tell.  At least, she's not getting up and turning on all the lights in the house at 2am anymore.  

So my little bald, treacherous nap villain has out-logicked me again, while I try to hold her at bay from total domination.  No more rhymes, now, I mean it!


No comments:

Post a Comment