Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Meeting a Blog Friend

“Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.” The Dalai Lama

Being somewhat ridiculously dedicated to this blog, my readers and fellow bloggers know a lot about Maeve and I, and our family.  A lot.  And for my friends who have blogged somewhat regularly, we have gotten to know each other, despite living in distant states and having different families.  There was a time when, in order to increase my blogging audience, back before Google Ads rejected me, I used to go to Mom Blog congregating websites, to meet other blogging moms and hopefully earn a few fans.

And I did!  I made 3 or 4 pretty good blogging friends, just out of the randomness of the internet.  I got to meet one of those friends yesterday; a mom whose older son is about my daughter's age, and who has moved to my state, out of a stroke of luck and military assignment. 

Maeve and Sammy hit it off, holding hands all over the aquarium.  Sammy told his mom that he loves Maeve, so obviously they'll have to hang out again.  I was totally exhausted yesterday with the sheer insanity of running all over the aquarium and then trying to get the child to behave at a sit-down restaurant, but it was so worth it!  And, perhaps foolishly, I dream of a day when Laura and I may get to speak to each other without having to constantly interrupt ourselves to prevent our children from destroying/staining/not sharing whatever. 

I've had the good luck to be able to meet several of my blog-only friends, even friends of theirs, and have made real friends in the process.  I'm so grateful for a day, no matter how crazy, to make another online friend into a real one!




1 comment:

  1. It was so great finally getting to meet you and Maeve in person! I can't wait for our next get-together! :)

    ReplyDelete