Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Kind of Trip

“You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra

This is my kind of business trip: Daddy will only be gone one night and two days.  So I'm on my own for a very little while, without too many stressful tasks to complete.  Today, Maeve and I will open at Teenie Greenies, then go home and relax without anything else on the schedule.  And tomorrow, we'll visit my grandmother and have a normal Thursday, then Daddy will get home around her bedtime.  So really, a pretty low-stress trip.

In January, though, he'll be doing a six-day trip, which when he took it last year, was one of the hardest trips for me he'd ever taken.  6 days is a long, long time.  However, I had a really lovely night out with a friend of mine, Maeve's godmother, last night, and she's going to stay with us for a few days whole he's gone in January.  It will be a huge help to me to have someone to talk to at night, someone to cook dinner for and get a little relief.

I'm grateful Daddy isn't in an industry where he has to take a lot of trips because it's not particularly fun for us, but when he only takes 2 big trips and a few very short trips a year, we can handle it just fine, especially with a little help from our friends. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment