Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Moo and Milk

“The cow is of the bovine ilk; one end is moo, the other milk.” ― Ogden NashFree Wheeling

As if I didn't have enough going on this week, today is Maeve's dairy challenge.  You may remember last year's incident, a very long stretch of time in the allergist's office, during which nothing transpired except that she sprouted a hive in the final ten minutes of the test.  This year, I am hoping for a hive-free visit altogether, so we can start figuring out if she's really over her dairy allergy.  Oh man, do I have high hopes.

I would so love to be able to feed my daughter mac and cheese, pizza, quesadillas, chocolate milk, ice cream, M&M's, and a hundred foods many parents take for granted. I mean, her egg allergy is getting worse, so I know we won't be rid of that one anytime soon, but it would be immensely nice to have a daughter with just one allergy.

So think happy thoughts for us as we while away our day in a tiny office in the allergy department at Kaiser.  It won't be easy, but hopefully, it'll be worth it.

Oh, and Husband leaves on his trip today, so I'm hoping to be a brave little soldier and not cry about it.  We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment