Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2007 Was Long Ago

"Why, I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something.”― J.R.R. TolkienThe Lord of the Rings

I just looked at a link that will compile all your old Facebook posts, so I looked back at some of my earliest. I joined in 2007, back when I had just been married for a year. I am very amused with my 26-year-old, no-kids self. She posted, literally every few days, that she was "tired". It makes me want to laugh out loud, because at that age I had NO IDEA what tired really meant. Not at all. I thought going to bed at 1am and waking up at 10am gave me license to complain about being tired, which is plain hilarious. Three years later, I would have literally exchanged vital organs for the ability to sleep more than three hours in a row.

I can tell, from my old posts, that I really hated substitute teaching the whole time I did it. I know I occasionally had good days, but most of my posts are either gratitude for a short day, or disparaging remarks about the intellectual capacities of middle and high schoolers. That was not a good job for me and I'm glad I'm well out of it, despite the nice paycheck it brought in when I was getting regular work.

Anyway, if you want to entertain yourself with your past life, you can do what I did and load your old posts with this: https://archivedbook.com/

Young and fancy-free, on vacation in Dinosaur National Monument

No comments:

Post a Comment